A recent increase in demand for loans has provided some optimism for the commercial property sector, and there’s good indication that plenty of people are looking to jump on board with commercial property investing. If you’re one of the many people looking to buy a commercial property for the first time, then it is important to educate yourself on how to maximise your value for money. Here are some tips to keep in mind when starting out in commercial property investing.
• Know that you don’t know everything – Unless you’ve been involved with property investing for years, it’s likely that there will be big gaps in your knowledge. Luckily, it’s easy to fill these gaps by doing some reading, whether it be one of the many books available written by property experts, or just reading through some free online resources. You can also speak to a trusted friend or acquaintance who has experience in the area.
• Inspect, inspect, inspect. Take some time to check out the area you’re thinking of investing in. Find out what kind of properties and business are nearby, and you can also speak to local owners to get some idea as to the prices in the area.
• Don’t rush in – While it may seem like common sense not to buy the first place you see, you’d be surprised at the amount of people who rush into things, get too excited and end up with a property they either can’t afford or is not suitable for their needs. Take your time, research and inspect a few different properties before making your final decision.
• Choose your seller. Sometimes people are selling their property or space because of unfortunate circumstances beyond their control, and this may drive down the price of the property. You shouldn’t feel guilty of taking advantage of this and as long as you’re sympathetic, you can find yourself with a great deal on a commercial property. Sydney is a competitive market, and these things sometimes happen.
• Don’t be afraid. While it’s extremely important to do the leg work and paperwork, don’t spend so much time sorting out the finer details that you miss out on a great deal.
• Luck. Luck plays a big role in many areas of business, and the sooner you realise this, you’ll be able to take advantage of a great opportunity when it comes up.
With these tips in mind, you’ll soon be on your way to being the proud new owner of your first commercial property, ready to advertise to those looking to lease office space in Sydney.
This article is brought to you by Tim Green Commercial. Find how lease office space in Sydney or buy at Tim Green Commercial – the experts on finding great office space in Sydney CBD and surrounds.